DIY Summer Watercolor Pillows!

I am on a watercolor binge! Loving the sea blues and greens mingling together on a canvas...or a square of fabric... :)
Since I am absolutely in no way an artist, anyone can do this!
Watercoloring fabric would also be a fun thing for your little person to do as a summer project, then you could whip them up a little pillow for their room!
Love love love all-things watercolor! So it was bound to happen that I grabbed some fabric and started painting!
I stretched my fabric over a heavy piece of cardboard ...
Now, I'm not in ANY way an artist (if you are forgive me) I simply watered down acrylic paint (you can use a textile medium to thin the paint but I just used water) then I dabbed and spread paint on the fabric & added more water ...
The fabric is super wet when you're done...with this one I sat it straight up to dry so the watery paint would run...it dried in motion!
With this one, I let it dry flat & then traced a starfish onto the fabric using white chalk. Then with a very diluted white paint I filled in the starfish...careful that it was watered down and not bold...
It was a fun project! There's more info on the blog, but honestly if you want to try these you'll be able to do them easily! xo

All Things Heart and Home