DIY Summer Watercolor Pillows!

I am on a watercolor binge! Loving the sea blues and greens mingling together on a canvas...or a square of fabric... :)
Since I am absolutely in no way an artist, anyone can do this!
Watercoloring fabric would also be a fun thing for your little person to do as a summer project, then you could whip them up a little pillow for their room!
diy summer watercolor pillows, crafts, Love love love all things watercolor So it was bound to happen that I grabbed some fabric and started painting
Love love love all-things watercolor! So it was bound to happen that I grabbed some fabric and started painting!
diy summer watercolor pillows, crafts, I stretched my fabric over a heavy piece of cardboard
I stretched my fabric over a heavy piece of cardboard ...
diy summer watercolor pillows, crafts, Now I m not in ANY way an artist if you are forgive me I simply watered down acrylic paint you can use a textile medium to thin the paint but I just used water then I dabbed and spread paint on the fabric added more water
Now, I'm not in ANY way an artist (if you are forgive me) I simply watered down acrylic paint (you can use a textile medium to thin the paint but I just used water) then I dabbed and spread paint on the fabric & added more water ...
diy summer watercolor pillows, crafts, The fabric is super wet when you re done with this one I sat it straight up to dry so the watery paint would run it dried in motion
The fabric is super wet when you're done...with this one I sat it straight up to dry so the watery paint would run...it dried in motion!
diy summer watercolor pillows, crafts, With this one I let it dry flat then traced a starfish onto the fabric using white chalk Then with a very diluted white paint I filled in the starfish careful that it was watered down and not bold
With this one, I let it dry flat & then traced a starfish onto the fabric using white chalk. Then with a very diluted white paint I filled in the starfish...careful that it was watered down and not bold...
diy summer watercolor pillows, crafts, It was a fun project There s more info on the blog but honestly if you want to try these you ll be able to do them easily xo
It was a fun project! There's more info on the blog, but honestly if you want to try these you'll be able to do them easily! xo
All Things Heart and Home

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 7 comments
Next