DIY Fairy Door

$20

I noticed an opening at the base of an old oak tree in the woods near my home. My grandkids have a fairy garden at their home but somethings is missing...the fairy. I found a fairy door at a local flea market and this is how I installed it: http://livedan330.com/2013/06/04/201364diy-how-to-install-a-fairy-door/ and don't forget to follow us on Hometalk!
This is a wooded area on my property that my grandkids call the Fairy Woods. One of the old Oak Trees has a large hole near the base of the tree. I had an idea...Fairy House in the tree.
I found this Fairy Door at a flee market. I needed to find a piece of wood to mount the door on to fit in the hole in the tree.
I traced the shape of the hole in the tree on a large piece of paper.
I used the paper to transfer the shape of the hole to a piece of lumber I found in the garage. I Cut out the plug for the hole with a jigsaw.
I Marked a template for the opening where the door would be mounted. Then I cut the door opening with the jigsaw.
After the door opening was cut out I painted the wood to protect it from the weather. Then I glued the door on the plug. The next day I mounted the plug in the tree.
This is the finished product. We added the fence and plants to the Fairy House front yard.
This is a shot from further away. Luckily this tree is also home to a large swing the kids play on so it was easy for them to find the fairy house on their own.
Granddaughter Reagan finds the fairy house. A very exciting time!

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Dan330