Our Backyard Oasis {Pond & Waterfall}

My son and I created a backyard oasis a few years ago. It brings us so much enjoyment all summer long!
This is what it looked like before
I went to work one day and he surprised me by just starting on what we had envisioned.
We live in Northwestern PA so we had to make a part of the pond quite deep so the fish will survive through the winter. They don't all survive, so I have given up getting the expensive Koi.
We got all of the rocks/ boulders off of our own property. So, a lot of digging for the pond itself and for the rocks! {No wonder I have back problems}
This year, we have two new additions to watch over the pond. I love my frogs, and hope these will entice the real ones to come soon!
And my big guy likes to drink from the waterfall.... :)

To see more: http://www.mmembellishments.com

• Sabrina

What kind of black plastic did u lay to keep the water in

• Carole Wilson

They sell pond/pool liner at home depot type stores and pool supply stores. It's really just a heavy visqueen (not sure of spelling lol) that is used.

• Sabrina

And where do u get the black plastic from cause we done one and the neighbors dog jumped in and needless to say the water started draining lol 😂 I need something stronger r there any suggestions

• Spanky

Also put a layer of sand then a layer of roofing tar paper before installing the liners. Lowes carries some, we didn't like it because it was more like a tarp and very thin.

• Celia Baker

We live in titusville, used to live in Franklin, nice job.... what do you feed your fish in the winter and do you put some kind of cover over the pond during winter??

• Michael Young

you must keep an open area on your pond in the winter so that the gasses can escape. the dish will still swim, but luke they are in “the matrix”....DO NOT HAMMER THE ICE—-THE AONIC WAVES WILL KILL YOUR FISH!!

• Barbars

What a great job and a great son to give you this beautiful gift.👍👍

• Carolina

But wait!...you have a log home!!! beautiful area and amazing landscape. Too much work though

• M&M Embellishments

Thank you Carolina!! Yes, a lot of work... we put the pond in about 7-8 years ago. My son moved away the next year  , so now it is up to me to keep up with it all... makes me feel my age! lol