Kathy R
Kathy R
  • Sparta, GA

Summer Blooms and When a Plant is Not Thriving

This summer the blooms are wonderful. Some of my plants, despite all my best efforts have not thrived. I share what my 'rule of thumb' is for giving a plant a good chance to grow in my garden and when I decide it is time to pull them out.
summer blooms and when a plant is not thriving, gardening
these roses are doing well, but I have had two that have not thrived. I had to make the difficult decision to remove these rose bushes
I love volunteers. This Snapdragon seeded itself in the walkway - I am leaving  it there
I love volunteers. This Snapdragon seeded itself in the walkway - I am leaving it there
Lilies are lovely and easy plants to grow. Some of these were grown from seed
I will always have Geraniums in my garden
Kathy R

• Bonnie Bassett

The columbines I bought at Home Depot in the spring had a very hard time this summer I have now cut them back but will give them another chance to grow next summer. You have beautiful flowers !

• Wanda sinnema

Often we forget plants have a lifespan just like everything living............ when they get near the end often they get fungus, dry rot, other diseases.... ESPECIALLY if you buy an old house.... sometimes its best to be cruel and heave ho..... with no regrets..... love the flowers....

• Kathy R

@Wanda sinnema You are so right! It is better in the long run to clear them out so that they may not affect surrounding plants! thanks!