JO
JO
  • North Pole, AK
Asked on Jun 11, 2013

Water stains

Junk GypseeMary ShearerRachel Z
+5

how to get rid of hard water stains in bathtubs and toilet bowls?
  • Marcy

Vinegar has worked well for me.

• Grout Shield Distributors

What you can do is clean the grout with a tile and grout cleanerthen use a color sealer like ours and you won't get the hard water stains ever again

q water stains, cleaning tips, like this one beforeq water stains, cleaning tips, after
  • Sherrie

The works is a toilet cleaner. It also has muratic acid it is strong but use it. I would empty the toilet of water and add it. it probably is the cheapest toilet bowl cleaner you can buy. I don't know how bad the hard water stains in your shower are but once you get them it has become damaged. you need to dry your shower each time after you get rid of them or the hard water will settle back and create even more damage. one suggested you use vinegar and I agree this is a great idea. if it doesn't work use the works. I pour it on on a rag and then rinse. I keep doing this u Tim it is gone. I really really rinse. don't get this on anything shiny or it will damage it.

• Sherrie

I am on a cell phone so I hope you can make sense of my post if not ... I will tr again later!

• JO

It's not that bad in the tub it's just on the corners and for the toilet i'll try the muratic acid. Thanks for the tips and information.

• Rachel Z

Try using Rust Remover...removes EVERYTHING! lol. I have the same issue. For my shower/bath, I use soft scrub.

• Mary Shearer

coca cola

• Junk Gypsee

Good old vinegar with a squirt of Dawn..in a spray bottle. Once you scrub it down, you can use this safe, non-toxic product after each use and you'll never have to clean the shower again. If it's super-duper touch scaling, you may have to use Lime Away the first time around..wear gloves and a mask..I don't like toxic fuses or chemicals..but sometimes..it happens.xoxo