Jewel Olvera
Jewel Olvera
  • Mars Hill, NC
Asked on Jun 12, 2013

Need/Want an Outdoor space

TJCyndi Moore TippettMelissa

My husband and I aren't builders and we live on a fixed income. How can we come up with an outside sitting area, maybe with a fire-pit, since we live in the mountains. We have to use recycled (read "free") items....CAN ANYONE HELP ME??
  • Melissa

You should go to Freecycle.org. It's a group with many chapters all over the country. You can give stuff away and get stuff from others. No money involved. I recently gave away a preformed pond liner. You never know what you'll find.

• Cyndi Moore Tippett

you might check with the city or county..they may know of Items you can get to keep out of the landfill. Sometimes just talking to people you can find some really good stuff. Habitat for humanity Store has some good stuff, too.

• TJ

I would encourage you to look for your nearest Habitat For Humanity Restore!!!!! We discovered them earlier this year and have gotten tons of bargains / cheap for projects that are / were on our list. Its a hidden gem. Freecycle.org for us is loaded with stuff that may be worth the trip to pick it up but sometimes you have to be fast or lose it. You will get tons of suggestions - I think this will be an interesting dilemma to follow - Have Fun, I would.