Planting a Privet Hedge

Have you been thinking about planting a hedge for a little more privacy? I have the perfect plant that will make a solid hedge in no time. We just planted 27 privets or waxleaf ligustrums on our property to screen our house from the road. Our blog post contains tips on how to successfully plant a hedge.
We planted 27 waxleaf ligustrums to create a hedge around our property.
They bear white flowers in late spring that are magnets for bees.
Adding peat moss to the hole helps the roots retain moisture and keeps the soil loose.
Trimming the new growth will make the plant become bushier in a short amount of time.
Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads

• Cor1382303

How long does it take for that hedge to grow out and when would be a good time to plant it? Since my wife and I just bought a house she's been thinking about me growing a hedge and doing some hedging. I guess it would be best for me to buy the necessary tools for this project. <a href='http://www.simontheplantman.com.au/hedge-plants/' ></a>

• Lovesunique

I just love, love privet. I have it every where in my yard. It makes the best hedge ever!