Sharon
Sharon
  • Atlanta, GA

I've never seen a yellow mushroom before. Is it detrimental to my plant or o.k. to leave it there? Thanks!

Jane ASusan SAK Complete Home Renovations
+5

q i ve never seen a yellow mushroom before is it detrimental to my plant or o k to, gardening
  • 3po3

Mushrooms in general aren't detrimental to plants. They are just a fungus growing in wet soil. Of course, your family is a different story. Don't eat unknown mushrooms.

• Sandra R

I agree with Steve G. they should not hurt your plants, it actually adds a different shape and texture to the planter.

• Sharon

Thanks y'all! I do like the look of it. The color is a little more yellow than it shows in the picture. It just freaked me out a little because there weren't any mushrooms residents last year. No worries Steve, I only eat the ones from the grocery store or farmers market. :-) Thanks again!

• Sharon - I have the same exact mushrooms growing in the big pot on my patio. Must be a Georgia thing! Surprising given how little rain we've had. We must be watering well!

• Susan S

Sharon, I had some really interesting mushrooms pop up in one of my container gardens about 3 years ago. I tried to post them last night but computer wasn't cooperating!!

q i ve never seen a yellow mushroom before is it detrimental to my plant or o k to, gardening, Yellow Myshrooms that popped up in pot that I d planted cladiums asparagus fern inq i ve never seen a yellow mushroom before is it detrimental to my plant or o k to, gardening
    • Susan S

Yes, Jeannie, I just left them. They weren't hurting anything and weren't detrimental to the other plants. Mushrooms only last a couple of days.

• Jane A

We have had some strange mushrooms around here. Last summer a bright orange appeared and some odd shaped looking ones.