Make a Magnetic Ironing Pad

Hey everyone! This is my magnetic ironing pad, which I made to sit on top of my dryer in my tiny laundry room. I have a little ironing board, but it's kind of a pain to drag out, so this is a great solution for me.
For the outer layers, I used a piece of decorative fabric and a piece of cushioned fabric.
make a magnetic ironing pad, crafts, how to, laundry rooms
For the insulated inner layer, I used Insul-Bright fabric. This is the type of fabric you'd use if you were making a pot holder, so it's perfect for an ironing pad.
I fixed these super strong magnets to the interior of the ironing pad to help keep it in place on the dryer.
For more info on how I attached the magnets and sewed this bad boy together, check out the original post at my blog below! See ya there!
Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn

• Lesley Brough

No pictures.

• Patty Anderson

Wow! You've helped me break out of the mold! "Like my mother before me...." I have an ironing board. Big, clunky ironing board, that hardly ever gets used, maybe once a year.....maybe.....and now I see you have a nice simple square homemade ironing board that fits on your washer/dryer. SO much nicer than the clunky ironing board! Once I make one like yours, I'll upgrade the clunker to something else.....used outdoors.....maybe to hold plants....I dunno! Thanks for the idea!