Jamie
Jamie
  • Brockway, PA

Making Your Own Chalk Paint

I have found that homemade chalk paint works just as well as store bought....Click the link below to see my super easy recipe for it!
making your own chalk paint, chalk paint, painting
Jamie

• Cathrynfortunato

What kind of paint do you use: flat, satin?
    • Jamie

I've never found that it matters what sheen of paint you use, although many people say it should be flat.
      .
      I do recommend using the link above to see my post because there are a lot of useful tips to make sure that your paint comes out successfully. Many people have a problem with getting it to turn out correctly and it is normally because they don't follow the additional directions that I have in my post.

• Deni Weston

Can you mix up paint and use it later if sealed in a airtight container! For Small projects?Just starting out, my husband got me latex semi gloss, paint, very grainy, using a small item I got from Goodwill. Help If I mix one cup of paint, can I seal it up and use it later?

• Jamie

@Deni Weston I typically store my mixed up paint in empty jars and mason jars. There is paint that I mixed up close to two years ago and it is still useable. My tips would be to store the paint in a cool (but not cold place) and out of direct light. Hope you enjoy your painting project!

• DogMom

One question before I try: do I use latex paint? Does the "sheen" matter? Thanks!