Pedini of Atlanta, LLC
Pedini of Atlanta, LLC
  • Atlanta, GA

Does anyone have any experience with "no mow" grass? I have seen it before and it is pretty with a softer pillowy look.

Barbara DerosierRose BPedini of Atlanta, LLC
+6

I want to look into it as it is supposed to need less watering and you do not have to mow it like regular grass
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Only the kind that comes with a goat. It does sound like a good idea.

• 3po3

I've seen good-looking artificial turf, but not no-mow real grass.

So-called "no-mow" grasses vary in their regional makeup but often have a fair amount of fescue in them. I'm not sure how well that would do in Atlanta.

• Walter Reeves

Last time I looked at a seed tag the no mow grass contained fine fescue and bluegrass....neither of which grow well in Atlanta.

• Val L

maybe Zoisia grass? When I had it in NY, I would only need to mow it about once a month. It does turn brown in the winter and is extremely drought tolerant

• Rebecca D

Zoysia is suppose to be great for hard-to- cover areas ! "Through heat & drought.Thrives in blistering heat. Zoysia farm Nurseries will ship at the best planting time for you" Sounds good to me! : )

• Pedini of Atlanta, LLC

I have emerald zoysia now and it is pretty but it does need mowing. The type I am talking about is in the link here. http://buildipedia.com/go-green/green-home-design/no-mow-grass

• Rose B

Check out the Mother Earth News Archives. There are several different varieties of 'no-mow' grasses, which, in fact, are ground creeping plants. They're nice, soft, & beautiful when cared for properly. Enjoy.

• Barbara Derosier

Do NOT use zoysia grass in New England. Yes, it's lovely all summer long but quickly turns to look like hay the rest of the year. Also, the roots are invasive. Planting near a brick walk is like shooting yourself in the foot. Trust me on that please. You'll be spending our summers digging up EVERY brick to be able to pull the roots.