Leslie H
Leslie H
  • Huntington Beach, CA

How I Made My Upholstered Monogrammed Headboard

Well my new monogrammed headboard is done and I love how it turned out!!
The new headboard is finally finished.
The new headboard is finally finished.
If you're new to my blog, let me remind you. This is the old metal headboard we had forever. Nothing wrong with it. But since I was finally giving our poor neglected master bedroom a make-over, I decided to include a new upholstered headboard that I could make myself.
Our old headboard
Our old headboard
Just to recap, so far my Classic Cottage Bedroom make-over has included: 1. Painting the entire space with Farrell and Ball's Wimborne White 2. Adding plank walls, new baseboards and window trim 3. Re-painting the two nightstands and dresser 4. Adding linen curtains (from our old house), bamboo shades, and new lighting 5. Re-styling our ugly TV wall by adding a new shelf You can see all these links on my blog. Meanwhile let's get back to my FINISHED headboard (woo hoo!)
how i made my upholstered monogrammed headboard, bedroom ideas, how to, painted furniture, wall decor
Since there's lots of wonderful tutorials all over blogland on DIY upholstered headboards, I don't have much to add--- but I will share a few things I learned along the way.
when it came to buying my foam ...
when it came to buying my foam ...
I felt uneasy about using the foam mattress from Walmart that was recommended as a cheaper option on various tutorials. You can read see more photos like these and read how I made this headboard by stopping by my blog.
Just for fun here's a BEFORE photo...
And here's the AFTER.

Leslie H

• Itsmemic

you did a great job but perhaps some more designs on the headboard, this is boring.
    • Janerose

I did something similiar but stapled faux fur...I guess it's all in the style you're looking for...

• Hunter Hampton

I bought a padded flower headboard in a thrift shop, and painted it, it feels like leather now. Here it is half painted, and finished.... I love your initial idea, will add that to it. Thanks!