Easy Bamboo Post Hat Rack

I know I have shared some peeks into my closet before on previous posts, it's another land in there. Be careful you could get lost. I love to find thrifty unique clothes but I also get bags of clothes and accessories from my Mother in law all the time. With that in mind I am always seeking new ways to organize my closet and keep some sanity. Two of my favorite accessories are hats and scarfs. When you are "on the go" those are the two easiest way's to get a "pulled together" look that is cute and fast with almost no effort. On the flip side these accessories are often the first of mine to end up on the floor in a heap of chaos. But not today my friends, today we conquer a cute and inexpensive hat and scarf rack!! Originally I saw this idea on Pinterest with wooden dowels from Home Depot- so here is my more inexpensive stab....

Photo Credit Anya McInroy
I wanted to add some fun detailing so I taped off a few sections to paint....
A little spray of gold and white and I was loving the contrast with the darker bamboo....
Some of my spray paint went over the tape line- oops! A quick wipe of nail polish remover (be sure it has acetone) and the paint wiped right off for that clean line I was hoping for.
I have my four 6ft bamboo sticks- check!
Next I grabbed one of my elastic headbands and wrapped them around the bamboo sticks a few times (you could use a larger rubber band too)
Next I grabbed an old belt I found at the Goodwill and wrapped the headband to make aesthetics more pleasing!
Time to accessorize!!!!!
I am in love!!
xo
Sam

• 4 bamboo sticks (I scored mine at the 99 Cents store in the garden section)
  • Stretchy headband or large rubber band
  • Old belt, leather, ribbon- whatever is your style

Zest it Up

• Lanita

Would a wicker basket fit under it for umbrellas ? I would be interested to know..

• Sherry Swayze

Cute idea. I'm curious about something though. What kind of paint did you use? I've tried painting bamboo in the past and have found it very difficult to paint. The bamboo has sort of a natural wax finish to it that repels all the different kinds of paint I tried.