Kat =^.^=
Kat =^.^=
  • Boulder City, NV

From Antique Couch to Vintage Charmer

Oh I found her at a small yard sale, standing on end way back in the corner of the dark garage! "Yes!" he said, "she was my Grand Dads and she was for sale!" thought, what great bones! She was in perfect antique vintage condition, oh lucky me!
Homemade chalk paint in a lovely white, sanded and waxed, original cushions were professionally upholstered with my antique table cloths and an old white chenille bedspread; each cushion has a different front and back so she has many looks. She is now so inviting and comfy and makes a statement just on her own under my covered patio. I love her and her new look! I love to re-purpose the old vintage finds into something you can use!
this was her original look! way vintage antique and just lovely! solid and sturdy! Isn't she pretty!
chalk paint, sanding, waxed, original webbing for the cushions in perfect condition, nothing to do to them! She awaits her new clothes!
Here she is in all her glory!  A labour of love, updated cushions with vintage table cloths and an old white chenille bedspread for the box pleats! She has zippers for cleaning these cushion covers!
Here she is in all her glory! A labour of love, updated cushions with vintage table cloths and an old white chenille bedspread for the box pleats! She has zippers for cleaning these cushion covers!
Here is her wooden sturdy back. How lucky was I she came with her original leatherette cushions! They were very heavy duty!
She reminded me of the wingback chairs here! Solid wood, spindles and webbing. She was a dream for me to re-do. I just love her! We sit and read on the patio, a lot! :) I'm treasure hunting for her sister the "chair!"
Kat =^.^=

• Annie Doherty

May I ask at the beginning of your post you mentioned home made chalk paint. Is the recipe something you could share please? Thank you.

• Lillie DeWitt

What did you pay for her?