DIY Up-cycled Jar...a Little Trash to Treasure
What do you get when you take an old toothbrush holder and a Parmesan cheese jar and put them together?
You get a fun, easy DIY trash to treasure project.
I was about to throw away this inexpensive toothbrush holder (from IKEA) while cleaning my bathroom, when I got the idea. I'm always looking for items to use as a base on repurposed projects and thought this was perfect for a quick project. Inspiration and ideas can be found anytime, anywhere... even while cleaning your bathroom.
Great Storage or Gift Idea. So many ways to customize using items destined for the trash.
1. Disassemble toothbrush holder.
Set aside the top portion of the holder for future projects.
2. Paint the bottom of the holder, the lid of the jar and the cabinet knob with black semi-gloss spray paint.
3. Glue the bottom of the jar to the painted base.
4. Cut a circle from the decorative paper and adhere it to the top of the lid.
5. Glue knob onto the center of the lid.
6. Add chalkboard label to front of the jar.
Fill it with candy for a sweet gift.
The DIY Up-cycled Jar was featured in Craft Ideas Garden Issue. (page 72) Make sure to check out Craft Ideas Magazine for Craft Ideas for Every Occasion, Every Skill Level.
- Old jar
- Old knob
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go