Lancet B
Lancet B
  • Herndon, VA
Asked on Jun 13, 2013

Antique Spinning Wheel

Fenya KashergenLancet BTracy Flickinger

Can you help identify? Age, Manuf/carver, bone brads, where made? Anything? Parts Missing? Have other pics if that would help. Thanks.
Help identify?
Help identify?
  • Tracy Flickinger

I would suggest sending your photo to "Spin.Off" magazine--spinningdaily.com--interweave.com. They have experts on staff and/or have connections to experts who may be abel to offer some assistance. You could also send it to The Woolery at www.woolery.com. I am no expert, but this wheel is an upright spinning wheel (so called because the fly assembly is located above the main wheel. Having said that, the fly assembly (the piece with the small hooks in it with the bobbin in the middle) appears out of place. It would not be in a vertical position. I believe it would have been located just above the wheel (you may have a wood arm or piece missing). I hope this helps.

• Lancet B

thanks for your response and suggestions. I'll contact the sources you provided. Thanks again.

• Fenya Kashergen

try your local weaving/spinning guild. Nice women and all willing to share knowledge.