Upcycled Happy Hour Cocktail Window

When the sun is shining, I love to sit in my little town garden sipping a few cocktails with friends. Last week it finally felt that summer was on it's way so I decided to cheer up my outdoor space with an upcycled happy hour cocktail window.
Here I'll show you both how I made my Happy Hour window and the cute cocktail caddy to go with it.
I managed to rescue a couple of old windows from a friends skip. One I turned into a gorgeous window herb planter (click here to see).
The other one I used for this Happy Hour window.
Firstly I painted the Happy Hour sign on to my window. I printed out my template which is available for free on my blog (link at the end of post). I printed the template in a mirror image.
The paper template was then stuck face down on the front of the window. So that I could paint the sign on the back of the window hence the mirror image.
I just then used regular glass paints from my local craft store to paint my sign on the window using my template as a guide.
To make the little shelf. I cut a nice curved piece of wood from an old pallet I had lying around. I sanded and waxed it then just screwed it into the base of the window.
To accessorize my cocktail window I hammered in a nail from which to hang a bottle opener from and made a cute cocktail caddy.
The cocktail caddy was made in very much the same way as I made my stylish copper and denim caddy.
For the caddy I used 4 small tins, (the ones used for tomato puree & coconut milk). I spray painted them in and out, then decoupaged napkins on the outside and varnished them. To make the handle I stuck an old broken bottle opener into a small piece of wood. I then simply stuck the decorated cans to the wood using an epoxy.
I've already been making good use of my cocktail window, I hope this gorgeous weather we are having at the moment continues. As you can probably gather from the window my favourite spirit is Gin so a lot my cocktails are gin based such as my Gin & Rhubarb Fizz made with homemade rhubarb cordial (recipe on my blog). What's your favourite cocktail ?
If you want a few more detailed instructions please visit my blog below.

• Old window
  • Glass paints
  • Piece of wood

Claire at Pillarboxblue