Rustic DIY Command Center

$30

Creating a rustic DIY command center is a simple project that anyone can do. The best part about it is that when you make it yourself you can customize it to fit the colors and style of your home, and add the features that your family needs.
Sand and paint plywood with chalkboard paint. Use 3 coats to get the best coverage.
Assemble the letter box while you’re waiting for the paint to dry. I used wood glue and a finish nail gun.
Secure the wood for the frame. Make sure that it is nicely framing your new chalkboard. I assembled my command center from the back, so turn everything over (chalkboard painted side facing down). There are a lot of different ways you can connect this. See my blog post for more details.
Secure the letterbox to the frame, and add hook and knob hardware. To "finish off" my command center, I painted some molding in a bright blue to match my knobs, and framed out the chalkboard. It's an optional step, but it adds a nice touch. Added bonus: it hides any mistakes you made in your framing.
Here’s the finished product hung on the wall. You can see our keys fit nicely and the hooks can hold a scarf, hat, dog leash, or even a coat. I probably won’t hang anything on them because they are so pretty…
Lots more details are available on my blog, so check it out! http://www.prettypurpledoor.com/rustic-diy-command-center/

Amy

• Irene

Definitely is perfect. You did a great job, and sooooo multi-functional too! I would like to get the globe knobs you used or, if you made them, where is the tutorial? Thanks a bunch.

• Amy

Thanks so much! I actually picked them up at hobby lobby. They have so many beautiful ones!

• Heidi Smith

What a great idea. I love it!