Cracked Drum in front load dryer.

+9
Does anyone know if there is anything I can buy to fill a 2"- 3" crack in the drum of my dryer? Something heat resistant that dried hard? My dryer is only 3yrs old but also has no warranty the price of a new drum is almost that of a new dryer. I am still clueless how the crack even got there?
  • William William on May 11, 2016
    There have been cracked drum problems with LG, Samsung, and some Kenmore dryers. People have tried gluing, patching, and even welding the cracks, but more show up. The stress on the drum just cracks them. The cost of a new drum is high because the manufacturers solved the problem with better materials. All I can say is file a complaint with the manufacturer and continue to communications with them till they get frustrated and take care of your problem. If enough consumers continually complain, they may all get new drums at no cost. The BBB and Consumer Advocate groups are aware of the problem and trying to work with the manufacturers.
  • Nancy Carlson Nancy Carlson on May 12, 2016
    And in the meantime, JBWeld is useful for repairing engine cracks, so I'd suspect it would be useful in this application.
  • Sue Kiene Sue Kiene on May 12, 2016
    There is a high temperature JBWeld too. May need a brace of some sort as well on the inside.
    • See 1 previous
    • Whitney Whitney on Feb 01, 2021

Did this work for you? What did you use as a brace? I am having the same issue.

• Sue Kiene Sue Kiene on May 12, 2016
    I got mine at my local hardware but that would be a little far for you to go so I googled it and Walmart, Home Depot and Amazon all have it. I would say probably Lowes and most chain hardware stores. As far as the brace I would say any type of smooth metal would do the job. Smooth because you will need to use it on the inside of the drum not the out otherwise you will have noise every time it goes round.
  • Bra4697640 Bra4697640 on May 13, 2016
    Check into pig putty. I'm sorry I don't know the real name of that. It's what my husband calls it at work. It's very similar to clay.. But has a catalyst or something that when you begin to roll it to soften it., it will start warming up. It dries like cement or strong liquid nail stuff maybe. You would need to check the temperature it could withstand.
  • Sue Kiene Sue Kiene on May 13, 2016
    Not a problem. I hope this works for you. It is sad that Samsung is not willing to fix the issue or at least maybe replace the drum at like half price. Not sure about in your location but in our area the local utility companies have a service that they provide for a monthly fee (usually 5-10 dollars a month depending on which one and which state as I am on the border of Ohio and Michigan) that is like a home warranty covering appliances, furnace, hot water tanks, and more. Might be something you might want to look into.
  • Om Kala Khanal Om Kala Khanal on Apr 15, 2021

Have manufacturers will solve the problem of Cracked Drum front load LG washing machine?

Is this problem with a 1-year warranty or not?