Looking for an Inexpensive Way to Dress up Your Walls?

$4.00

Zen like
Hi everyone! Thought I would share a project I came across recently from a blog post on Delicate Contruction. It was wall art made out of chopsticks. I loved the Asian and "Zen" look it had.
It was wall art made out of chopsticks. I loved the Asian and "Zen" look it had.
I read up on the tutorial and decided to give it a try and make one of my own. I picked up a canvas that cost a whole dollar$$$$! I then went on search for chopsticks, I found chopsticks but there were only 5 sets per package, at that price I may as well by a piece of artwork at a store somewhere. So I opted to switch it up a bit and use skewers instead.
I picked up a canvas that cost a whole dollar$$$$! I then went on search for chopsticks, I found chopsticks but there were only 5 sets per package, at that price I may as well by a piece of artwork at a store somewhere. So I opted to switch it up a bit and use skewers instead.
Once all the sticks were glued on, I took it down to my basement and proceeded to spray paint the whole thing in dark brown paint. Note: I made sure I painted both sides of the artwork as you want to ensure none of the white canvas
Here is my finished project. It looks great and I hung it in my bathroom. Next time I'm going to make it bigger and better! Enjoy!

Donna

• Barbara Parsons

Love that look. And to put this in a small space (like a powder room) is a great way to give it drama without overwhelming the space. I would love to see a larger version on a big wall, too. When are you going to do that??? Please post when you do.

• Elaine

This is very clever and modern looking and most definitely NOT "cute-sy" in any way (thank goodness)!! Great idea! Question .... do the sides of the white canvas show when you take a peek at it sideways - or - perhaps you glued some chopsticks to the sides of the canvas as well. Right? (By the way, Michael's carries black canvases now if anyone is concerned the white canvas may show through the sticks.). However, a cheaper way of getting around that possibility is either paint the $ store canvas the color of your (own) wall color or paint the canvas the color you are using on the skewers.