Upcycle Indoor Love Seat to Outdoor Couch

Finally got new couches, and decided to deconstruct our broken down old love seat (that we got for free) to create comfy outdoor seating
The humble beginnings. My goal was to spend as little money as possible on this.
Completely torn down to the bones. (cut the arms down, took off supports in the back, but forgot to take a picture of all of that)
Slats and arms put in, and primed! The slats were made of extra wood we had, and the arm rests were part of the original rounded arm rest. My DH reinforced the back with 2x4's for extra support.
Finished product. I used the cushions and the stuffing from the original couch, and had the fabric for the back and arm pillows. Total project cost...$40 (spray paint and seat cushions fabric.)

• Vic7061166

Is there something o could use to weatherproof and outdoor proof the material. I have 2 wing back chairs. Is there a spray or something I can use

• Loretta

Sas... that is what I needed to know!! So you just painted it on the original material?? Is it stiff? A friend chalk painted hers.. sealed.. it's rough like sand paper

• Loretta

Nancy... I love this... Did you coat the cushions with something to waterproof??

• Nancy Eisenhart

No I didn’t, so I did bring them in any time it rained. In hindsight, I would have done something to the cushions before I put the fabric on (it was an outdoor fabric from Joanns).

• LaPortia D Pierson

How did you put the slats and arms in? Screws?