Nancy Eisenhart
Nancy Eisenhart
  • Tacoma, WA

Upcycle Indoor Love Seat to Outdoor Couch

Finally got new couches, and decided to deconstruct our broken down old love seat (that we got for free) to create comfy outdoor seating
upcycle indoor love seat to outdoor couch, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, The humble beginnings My goal was to spend as little money as possible on this
The humble beginnings. My goal was to spend as little money as possible on this.
upcycle indoor love seat to outdoor couch, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Completely torn down to the bones cut the arms down took off supports in the back but forgot to take a picture of all of that
Completely torn down to the bones. (cut the arms down, took off supports in the back, but forgot to take a picture of all of that)
upcycle indoor love seat to outdoor couch, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Slats and arms put in and primed The slats were made of extra wood we had and the arm rests were part of the original rounded arm rest My DH reinforced the back with 2x4 s for extra support
Slats and arms put in, and primed! The slats were made of extra wood we had, and the arm rests were part of the original rounded arm rest. My DH reinforced the back with 2x4's for extra support.
upcycle indoor love seat to outdoor couch, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Finished product I used the cushions and the stuffing from the original couch and had the fabric for the back and arm pillows Total project cost 40 spray paint and seat cushions fabric
Finished product. I used the cushions and the stuffing from the original couch, and had the fabric for the back and arm pillows. Total project cost...$40 (spray paint and seat cushions fabric.)

• Vic7061166

Is there something o could use to weatherproof and outdoor proof the material. I have 2 wing back chairs. Is there a spray or something I can use

• Roberta Rousos

I haven't tried it, but I have seen a waterproof spray paint.
    • Sas25028369

I used Thompson's Water Seal for Fabric on my swing cushion. Works great! You can get it at Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Amazon