Lynn L
by Lynn L

Decorating

I need some help tweaking my bedroom. I just redecorated but feel like I need something different done on the walls. It just doesn't have that wow factor I would love to have. Any suggestions?

Lynn L

• Marion Nesbitt

Maybe just the light but the white furniture seems to be stark white? Am thinking a softer white might work better with your palette. Like the softness of your colour palette. Like Linda J's suggestion about an area rug to tie things together and cozy up the space - with your colours and a colour such as aqua for accents. Like her suggestion for larger lamps, as well. And her suggestion to raise the draperies. Should be able to just move up the valence and leave the bottoms. My opinion: - would do the headboard in a much darker tone of the bedding to help ground the bed - would replace the art above bed which is very contemporary and masculine looking with something less so - would paint the mirror the same as your furniture and put the nice bookcase in another room - would introduce a pop of colour such as aqua from a rug in a slipper chair/bench/throw - would add some glam by maybe edging some furniture in some silver/pewter, adding some tassels on the drapes, or some beading on the lampshades. Agree with Linda J, It's a beautiful job - just needs some tweaks.

• Joy.schottenloher

How about draping material on the wall where you bed is. Make it loud and stand out. Like shinny material. All you need is to make one wall fuller with chotchies. I ain't a designer but I do have thoughts and pictures in my head. Sometimes they work and other.....well we don't need to go into that. Lol...you do a wonderful job. Will be looking for more from you.