Melani R
Melani R
  • Bristol, IN
Asked on Jun 14, 2013

Plant Identification

PegCarol DingwellShala Cripps
+12

Doesn't look like a weed, but I don't remember what I planted.
plant identification, gardening
q plant identification, gardening
  • Mary Tonningsen

Clematis maybe??

• June

Just wait a while. Don't pull it--I think there'd be more than one plant if this were a weed. You may have put in some sort of vine. You can always yank it out later if it's something obnoxious.

• Melani R

Def could be clematis! I think my Mom gave me some.

• Mikell Paulson

Looks like Choke Cherry! Dose not look like any of my Clematis!

• Kimberly A

Doesn't look like the same type of leaf as my clematis either however the leaf looks very similar to the wild honeysuckle vines I have. I'd leave it a while and see if you get some neat treasure.

• Lori J

Just so darned glad to know I am not the only one who does not recall names for some of the lovelies I stick in the ground. ;-) It's pretty and I like it works just dandy for me.

• Melani R

Well, I do have some honeysuckle on the property. I don't remember sticking any there, but anything is possible! Thanks.

• Dianne

Wild invasive honeysuckle

• Karen B

looks like a young, tender honeysuckle vine

• Peg

I agree with some of the others, honeysuckle! I have it all over my place. Even when I think I've gotten rid of it all, a new piece pops up.

• Jocelyne marchand

time for a garden journal - or take pictures when things re in bloom so you can remember where and what they are when they are dormant

• Judy

Doesn't look anything like the wild honeysuckle I have all over the place around here. Not at all sure what it is though. Maybe when it gets bigger...blooms....maybe

• Shala Cripps

might be a type of oregano or mint, but i wouldn't pull it I have to agree let it go and see what develops you might be able to identify it better when it has grown and maybe has some flower buds on it or something.

• Carol Dingwell

I take pictures of my flowers frequently on my smartphone and then post them to facebook and then as Jocelyne said you have a record of what grows where. Last time I uploaded them to Walgreens and made an 8x10 photo book to enjoy this winter.

• Peg

Carol, My photos help me through the winter too.