Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Bi Fold Doors Re-purposed to "Shutters" {Annie Sloan Chalk Paint}

I picked up a couple large bi fold doors awhile back at the thrift store and plans for them to be a partition in my shop. That didn't work out so I decided to paint them and use them as "shutters" on either side of my french doors in my family room. I painted them with a 2 part technique to make them look "weathered". The rest is on the blog post. (plus a sneak peek of what else I've been working on! ;) )
Bi fold doors ---> turned into "shutters" for my family room french doors.
$5 bi fold doors from the thrift store--before
I used a 2 part process to create the weathered look I was after using Latex and Chalk Paint®.
"Weathered" shutter -- Latex as the first coat, Chalk Paint® as the second.
"Shutters" placed on either side of the french doors. Follow up pictures on the blog as the room comes together.
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

• Sassy Townhouse Living

I'm dying to try Annie Sloan Chalk paints...I guess I have to purchase them on amazon as I can't find a retailer anywhere near my location. Where do you get yours from? Love the shutters...awesome color!

• Diena Cameron

Love the shutters AND your blue armoire ! Both very yummy :D did you also paint it ? Beautiful !

• Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

@Diena Cameron Yes, I sure did. :) I have a blog post about it over on my blog ... www.artsychicksrule.com ... it was originally wood, then I painted it red, then I used a 3 paint process to paint it this blue. :)