Must Have Tools... What Are Your Favourites? Why? Chime In!

If you are a homeowner, chances are you have a tool collection of sorts. While I personally don't spend a whole lot on supplies (being the junker that I am), tools hits a different category. You need them to help you fix, mount, and build.
The way I learned what to get was borrowing a friend's under his insistence. "Borrow whatever you need, then you'll know what to get." He removed every excuse I had to
Drill: My little 14v Makita cordless drill is my alltime favourite. It's a smaller scale drill that REALLY packs a big punch. It fits a woman's hand like a glove, losing the bulk. I recommend the 2 pack kits with the chuck / chuckless.
Bits: this is the purse of my dreams! This all in one Makita tool bit case allows you to tote whatever you need anywhere you go. I'd be lost without it.
Palm sander: I have both a clamp on style and orbital. I admit to loving the clamp on motion better, but love the ease of the velcro attachments on the orbital. Which is your preference?
Safety protections: scrimping isn't worth it here. My hearing protection was $45 and cuts the sound awesome! I also like wearing the gardening gloves that are rubber dipped when working with reclaimed wood.
Workshop: welcome to my single car garage that's generally stuffed to the rafters. Two long Costco tables provide an awesome, price efficient workspace. Do you have built ins or temps like me?
On a nice day, I pull my builds outside with my collapsible table.  http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/04/portable-workbench-woodworking-workshop-worktable.html
On a nice day, I pull my builds outside with my collapsible table. http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/04/portable-workbench-woodworking-workshop-worktable.html
Tool kits: I made a special kit out of reclaimed wood for my most used screws. I can see at a glance if I'm getting low. http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/04/reclaimed_pallet_wood_tool_tote.html
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Gail

I love power tools and have collected most of them by now. Two that I wouldn't live without that I haven't noticed mentioned here are: (1) a table saw (I have a jig, Skil, and all the handsaws, but love my table saw) and (2) my electric tile saw. I asked for that several years ago for Christmas from my husband. He thought I was crazy, but I've used a relatively inexpensive one to tile kitchen and bathroom floors, walls, and backsplash in more than one house. Great investment!

• Pamela Thomson

My favorite is the Skil cordless 18V tool set and the best part is I got them for free from Airmiles.ca. Drill, reciprocating saw, light, 2 batteries, charger, circular saw and duffel bag to carry it all.

, 18V Skil Cordless Tool set from Airmiles