70's Set to Outdoor Beauty!

I purchased a 70's velour couch, table and chair set, and re-painted, and upholstered everything to make a very heavy, sturdy, comfortable sitting area for my back deck.
Enjoy
Furniture as purchased
Painted and Upolstered!
So comfy...
New and Fresh!

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• Marcelle
    Marcelle

is there a video or step by step instructions on this project?

• Mikkala
    Mikkala

I have a chair that is almost identical to your set the sides are different and the print on cushions are a little different. Do you know if they are worth anything your the first person I've seen with one close to mine

• Thalisa
    Thalisa

Are the cushions slip coverd ? Luv this idea for an set something similar but the cushions are too warned out, belonged to my mom just can’t let go, So this gives me hope

• Toni Castellano
    Toni Castellano

I have the same set myself as indoor porch furniture. I've recovered the furniture and thought about painting the wood. I was wondering did you have to strip the wood and sand it or did you just rough sand it to get the paint to stick?

• Tammy Gras
      Tammy Gras

Toni, I would paint with chalk paint and wax it good. The wax has a chemical reaction with the paint making it really strong & durable. No need for striping/sanding before! I would just wipe down all the wood with a damp cloth. Paint with chalk paint...a couple of coats. Then once dry, lighty sand with fine sandpaper, wipe away any dust and wax, buff and wax again. Very easy process. Good luck!

• Stacie M Anderson
    Stacie M Anderson

This idea came to me months ago while I was thinking about my grandparents & the set of wood furniture they had in their downstairs family-room! I've been patiently hoping to see one of these sets for sale at some point 😊. Cool to see someone else had the same idea! Love it! I'd really like to know how this person reupholstered the cushions (with outdoor safe fabric of course). I've never recovered cushions like these before...any hints, shortcuts, etc would be appreciated 😊