Maarit Aho
Maarit Aho
  • Finland

Diy Sharpie Pen Dishcloths

Fun easy crafts, and immediately ready for use. I don't promise you long lasting beauty to these. Before the use, rinse these under cold water, color comes off a little bit.
Marimekko inspired me to experiment with floral patterns. It was fun to make these flowers.
diy sharpie pen dishcloths, crafts
Supplies:
dishcloth
sharpie pens
alcohol
diy sharpie pen dishcloths, crafts
I was inspired to experiment with different colors.
diy sharpie pen dishcloths, crafts
Draw the outline of the first flowers.
diy sharpie pen dishcloths, crafts
Choose what colors you use. Colors of the flowers. I colored with black the center of the flowers.
diy sharpie pen dishcloths, crafts
When you are ready with coluring. Drizzle a few drops of alcohol on the flowers. It's ready. Alcohol mixed colors beautifully.
Maarit Aho

• Julie Clemens

Can you wash the towels after adding the sharpie designs?

• Peg K.

I did this project at camp and what you need to do is let the towels dry completely and then put them in a dryer to heat set them. Color seemed to last a long time after doing this extra step. I also washed them the first time in cold water and then dried them in a hot dryer.

• LuAnn Jefferson

I did this on T-shirts. Color faded with first wash. What did I do wrong? Or is that just part of the deal with this. I agree with Joan...i’d Like to try it on canvas.

• Peg K.

let them air dry completely and then throw them in a hot dryer to set the color. Helps to keep the colors.