Nancy Cozad
Nancy Cozad
  • West Sacramento, CA
Asked on Jun 15, 2013

I used Rustoleum counter top coating messed up

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comNancy CozadSLS Construction & Building Solutions LLC

I painted my kitchen counter I did not notice instruction said use sponge roller I used a roller the finish came out grainy is that the way it should be,is there a way this senior can do easy fix
  • I have never used the product, but I would think you could go over it again with the correct roller maybe after a light sanding if there is a lot of texture

• Nancy Cozad

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Without knowing what you mean by grainy I would think your meaning it is rough. You will need to sand the finish down again and re-apply a new coating again. There is nothing you can do to make the finish look good without re-prepping the surface again and start from scratch. If the finish is uneven, color blend etc, same method of repair still stands. However here is no magic cure or fix for this. Sorry to say. :(