Building Moxie
Building Moxie
  • Baltimore, MD

Installing Pet Screen in a Wood Screen Door.

hi alls. I am a home improvement blogger based out of Baltimore. While we post on a variety of both pro & diy house-oriented stuff, I occasionally post on my own house. Miriam @HomeTalk suggested that I put some of it up. From today, I install pet screen in a wood screen door. To read more about it >> http://www.buildingmoxie.com/2012/05/installing-pet-screen-in-screen-door/. Thanks for having me and please say hi. jb @BuildingMoxie
tools and materials
tools and materials
pet screen versus fiberglas screen
pet screen versus fiberglas screen
pet screen installed in a wood screen door
Building Moxie

• Brenda H

Thanks for posting. I am definitely going to check out your post/blog closely. I'm tired of propping the screen door open and letting the bugs in just so my guy can go out and play. And I love the more vintage screen doors and been wanting to replace the screen door I have... this may just take care of both of my needs!!!

• Paula P

I didn't see where the pets could come in and out. It looks like he just replaced regular screen with pet screen. Am I missing something?

• Sheryll S

I used 1/4 inch hardware cloth on the inside of my kitchen screen........ has to be on the inside for me.... Ant to finish it off, I used some quarter round and some pressure treated 1" x 2 " firring strips! Piece of CAKE...... grin.