Gardening in Pennsylvania, June

Welcome to Pennsylvania for Garden Blogger Bloom Day!
There are lots of flowers to see this weekend around our small, town garden. Come take a walk around...
Cherry Corner Garden with Sedum 'Acre' and the catmint (Nepeta 'Walker's Low') continuing on the Front Walk.
Clematis 'Fairydust' on a trellis by the Circle Lawn
Our Shade Path Garden full of yellow perennial foxgloves, Digitalis grandiflora.
Clematis 'John Warren', Geranium 'Orion', Allium multibulbosum.
The large white and red bloom of hybridized Calycanthus 'Venus'... technically X Sinocalycalycanthus raulstonii 'Venus'
Allium christophii in the Front Walk with Spirea 'Goldflame' just coming into bloom.
Julie @ Wife, Mother, Gardener

• Annette Keeling

CommentAny suggestions on killing Blade grass in the garden? Don't want to use chemicals.

• Annette- There are quite a few natural options for killing grass to make a new garden. You can smother it by laying down cardboard, newspaper, or leaves and then pile mulch of some sort on top. You can use boiling water to kill grass or weeds in the cracks of paving. Or there is pulling up turf with a shovel, which is the hardest work, but also the most instant. Small amounts of grass can be killed by hand pulling, which is usually how I deal with weeds in my garden. A soil knife makes pulling weeds easy. Here is a post about it on my blog: http://wifemothergardener.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-praise-of-my-japanese-soil-knife.html. Hope that helps!