Cynthia
Cynthia
  • Dawsonville, GA
Asked on Jun 15, 2013

REPURPOSING ARMOIRE...what is your favorite use?

Don33691670Julie MoynaJanice Weiss
+10

There are so many ideas out there how to prepurpose an armoire. I have one that has been sitting in my garage in need of a new use. I was going to do a wine/liquor cabinet, but now I see them being used for even more ideas. What is your favorite way to reuse an armoire? I'd like to redo it and sell it to make myself some money to make other projects.
Wine Cabinet
Wine Cabinet
q repurposing armoire what is your favorite use, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
  • Marcy

I love it as a wine closet/server. Great idea- I would get more use out of that.

• Lindasameriplan

Love this idea

• Paula Greenwood

LOVE the wine cabinet idea!!!

• If you want to sell it I would suggest making sure your armoire has plenty of useable shelving to fit many needs. Have lots of fun with your new projects.

• Marsha Lamberth

What a beautiful makeover. I love this.

• Cynthia

Thank you all for the answers!

• Vintage Storehouse & Co.

I saw one on pinterest where they turned the armoire into a pantry with shelves and baskets on the inside and spice racks on the inside of the doors. It's an awesome way to add kitchen storage space at very little cost.

• Leslie Austin

I've seen them on pinterest turned into a baking center and craft/sewing center. Lining the doors with cork would make it handy for tacking up recipes or craft ideas. If it's a TV armoire, it may even have a slide out shelf to create workspace you could pull a stool up to. Have fun!

• Kat =^.^=

well, how about making it a bookcase, pantry, or "vintage dresser" oui oui french apartment! mid century modern look madman bar? take off the back and replace with beadboard? this could be fun! good luck!

• Jean Hudson

I think my fave re-use wb on a porch or sun-room to hold everything from outdoor dishes to bug spray to books to outdoor shoes! Paint white or shabby-chic it in a nice yellow or creamy ivory. I agree, lots of shelves.

• Janice Weiss

I made ours into a bar for the living room. Glasses and decanters on top shelves and bottom liquor. Put doors and a lock while kids were younger. I also installed electric thin strip lights

• Julie Moyna

hubby found one around the block, painted purple! He has decided to cut the sides and door panels and replace with small chicken wire! Oh, he also is painting in yellow!

• Don33691670

Love the look of armoires, but don't always need one in the bedroom for clothes. I have seen some made into shoe storage, craft cabinets, entertainment cabinets, bars and toy storage. All great ideas. Here is a shabby chic armoire that is sure to please!