Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Stone Patio Care: 3 Tips to Keep Your Outdoor Oasis Clean All Summer

$50

Do you want to keep your patio looking awesome all summer?
Me too. There's nothing more embarrassing than patio stones covered in dirt and surrounded by moss & weeds. I've made the mistake of thinking that power washing will do the trick and solve all my patio woes.
After learning my lesson I employed these 3 things to help keep maintenance to a minimum:
+Adding polymeric sand between stones or pavers
+Using Wet & Forget to cut down on dirt, moss, and bird droppings
+Spraying pesky weeds with a kid-safe mixture of white vinegar & dishwashing soap
I conducted a 9 month experiment with Wet & Forget to see if it actually works. The lower portion of our two-tiered patio got treated while the upper half did not. And there was a huge difference. Even my wife remarked on the striking results of Wet & Forget.
If you're like my family and constantly on the run (kids sports, picnics, work stuff, etc.) and don't have time to constantly clean your outdoor space you should check out the step-by-step tutorial I put together at http://www.homerepairtutor.com/stone-patio-care/
Do you have any tips of your own?
Wet & Forget, Polymeric Sand, and White vinegar will help keep your patio looking great all summe long
Spread polymeric sand onto your patio stones and brush it between them with a broom
Remove excess polymeric sand with a leaf blower
Mix 1 part Wet & Forget with 5 parts water. Add this to a garden sprayer and mist your stones & polymeric sand.
Untreated patio stones that didn't get Wet & Forget
Treated patio stones that did get Wet & Forget
Apply white vinegar to weeds when the sun is the strongest and you'll eliminate them
Home Repair Tutor

• Susan Cryor

oh, thanks! Not an issue here, I just have earth worms in the expansion lines of stamped concrete patio. Previous owner put on a glaze, it is worn off, do not want the slippery surface again! Will pressure wash off mold and call it good

• Adriana Ross

:D