Replacement of Single-Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet

$16.50

Kitchen faucets can be pricey; many models are well over$100 including the style we have – a Moen Single-Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet.Unfortunately, after only five years of really reliable service, the faucet head cracked and leaked, as a result. The diminished function of the sprayer was frustrating, but we did not want to spend a lot of money to fix our problem. We researched alternatives and found that we could replace only the spray head with a universal fit, meaning it could be a totally different brand (which was a good thing since finding a Moen replacement head of that style wasn’t working out). We found a Kingston Brass Single Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet Sprayer, Polished Chrome online for $16.59. A customer review rating of 4 out of 5 stars across 21 customer reviews sealed the deal for us (free shipping was icing on the cake)! What a savings!
Replacing the faucet head meant that the water would be shut off at the handle; no need to crawl under the sink to shut off the main valves.
The hose end has flat places for the wrench to fit, which made the removal a matter of cinching the wrench tight and a sharp twist on the damaged head.
The replacement required a crescent wrench, Teflon plumbers tape, and about 5 minutes.
The Teflon tape is a personal exercise of over caution, perhaps, but I prefer to err on the side of no leaking.
I ran the water, cool, then hot, for several minutes to allow for the emergence of any slow leaks. There were no leaks anywhere, so this repair was called done.

D Stepp

• Ruheena

I have exactly the same tap in my kitchen. I live in U.K. Mine is leaking underneath the sink and if I undo the tap head it has a washer inside it, if I screw it back again it stops leaking. I thought it is effecting because of me pulling it often. So I stopped pulling it and using it as it is but notice it starts to leak every few months. Do I need to change the washer? Any suggestions, I do not want to waste money on a new tap.No guarantees here.

• Bill Croley

Thank you for mentioning the Moen guarantee. I was about to buy my third faucet in 10 years because it keeps breaking.