Easiest plants to keep in the house! Years ago a nursery place told me to put 2 TBSP of water on my orchids every 8 days

Easiest plants to keep in the house! Years ago a nursery place told me to put 2 TBSP of water on my orchids every 8 days or when their 'soil' is dry, they do not like to be wet. Just put them in a non-drafty area and indirect sunlight. I keep them all over my home now and they last forever and re-bloom for me. I even pot them in my bigger pots and put several in the same pot. I LOVE to give them as flower arrangements for special occasions or birthdays!
I have luck with Kroger's orchids priced from 9.99 to 19.99 and IKEA's orchids 9.99 to 17.99.
Orchids over the fireplace
Orchids about to give me new blooms on kitchen table
Orchid in the Kitchen
Orchids on the Foyer table
Orchids in the Living Room
Orchid on living room buffet
Orchids in the Den

• Christie

These are beautiful. Do the limbs ever need to be cut back? Do the pots need drainage Holes? Thanks

• Shawna Bailey

Orchids don't need drainage holes because you water them so little.

• Marlene Perez

My orchid has 3 buds but how do you get them to grow straight up without breaking stem?

• Carrie Lonsdale

Ok I have orchids that never rebloom but the roots are crazily overgrowing and I only have green bottom leaves no blooms can you help?

• Eileen Proctor

@Carrie Lonsdale These orchids very often only grow lots of leaves and no blooms if you over fertilize them!!, I don't fertilize mine when there are no blooms, and within a couple of months, they start to grow more flowering stems and I gradually start fertilizing them again. I always get 2 flowering periods within a year somtimes I've had blooms on a single plant for 6-8 months!

• Ignazio

I agree with the author. Phalaenopsis are very forgiving orchids. Every two or three weeks I run about a quart of water through the pot, and let it drain thoroughly. I always add heavily diluted orchid food to the water (about 1/8 the recommended mixture). As long as you do not force the plant to flower more than once in a given year, you should see blooms yearly. Enjoy!!!!!