Maggie D
Maggie D
  • Durham, NC
Asked on Jun 16, 2013

Renovation

Maggie DWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comKMS Woodworks
+1

Has anyone ever had a range spray painted? I have a couple of nicks on a very expensive JenAir downdraft, and was thinking of taking it somewhere to have those scratches buffed out and maybe even repaint with an enamel paint. If you've had experience with this, would love to hear from you.
  • KMS Woodworks

Have you checked with the manufacturer about getting some touch up paint? Ages ago I got a small can with included detail brush, and touched up a nick on a range top. Most appliances have a heavy duty "baked" on finish and even the best efforts will never be as tough. Hopefully it is a very small nick.

• Maggie D

I haven't. The nicks are small as are the scratches, but the range is black, and everything shows up. I can live with it the way it is, but I'm always exploring options, and thought maybe an auto body shop would give me those results. You're right though, those are baked on finishes. Appreciate your feedback.

• Autobody shop can do this using a good quality finish. Also there are companies that can do this in house for you. Google appliance painting I am sure you will find several in your area that would fit the bill.

• Maggie D

Appliance painting - why didn't I think about that. Thanks!