Turning Old Rusty Shovels Into Some Art Work.

I knew who to go to for some old rusty shovels. My daddy who owns a backhoe construction company was the perfect person. He likes to keep everything and sure enough he had these shovels in his back property. (like if just waiting for me) to rescue them.
I love country scenes. So I thought this would work out perfect. Rooster on the farm.
Another Rooster. My husband drew the rooster for me this time. Giving this one to my Mom she loves roosters.
My made this one for my Dad for Father's Day. It's his company's name. I hope he likes it.

• Linda

I LOVE these!!! You are the next Grandma Moses. I looked at a book of her paintings in the library earlier this year. She painted on anything and everything and I don't think she ever changed her primitive style. She had such a good eye for subject matter and placement. Keep going with this. You could maybe even clear seal the rusty tool and use that 'patina' as your background color.

• Donna Shipley

Very cute... May have to try this on my broken shovels next winter... right now they are less than attractive garden stakes.