Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

DIY Project ~ Hose Guards From Curtain Rods!

$2

Have you seen the price of decorative hose guards lately? Well, I have and it made my blood pressure rise! Since early spring I have been on the hunt for pretty hose guards to prepare for the inevitable dry spells of summer. My flower beds curve around the yard and gazebo.So pulling the hose to water can damage plantings along the way. But no way can I spend ten or more dollars each on metal sticks to keep my hose in check, no matter how cute they are!
So I came up with an idea. Use two expandable metal curtain rods I bought for fifty cents at a yard sale!
new hose guard protecting the hydrangeas
This is all you need !
This is all you need !
Yellow Asiatic Lilies and new hose guard
Barb Rosen

• Lynnette Bowden

Those are super cute!! How much did the curtain rods, rebar and spray paint cost you? What would you estimate as a per item cost of each hose guard? Also what size rebar did you use?
    • Lynnette Bowden

Never mind I clicked on your link and it had all the answers...sorry to bother you
    • Barb Rosen

Sorry, Lynn! I was out of town and had no computer for a couple days! Happy to hear you were able to figure out the answers to your questions from my website post. Have fun making those hose guards! I hope you'll share your results with Hometalk and me!

• Yvonne Jensen

Love this idea and easy to find these rods used.

• Tracy C

Great idea, thank you! I love you idea better than anything there is to buy! Very pretty.

• Barb Rosen

@Tracy C ~ thanks! Your hose guards can be as fancy or simple as the curtain rods you choose to make them with! Fun and easy to make too!