Janice C
Janice C
  • Owosso, MI
Asked on Jun 16, 2013

Can anyone help with this plant I.D.?

Debbie McKinstryJanice CJudy
+7

I bought this 2 yrs. ago at a garden center in a small pot on clearance w/ no I.D. tag. None of my gardening neighbor's can identify it, it is now 10x 's larger than when I got it. It doesn't seem to flower but does have some kind of spike come up the center in mid-summer and it has varigated leaves of yellow, green, and white.
can anyone help with this plant i d, flowers, gardening
  • Janice C

I just dug all of it up and moved it to the edge of the yard, de-weeded it so I can place some other plants in that location. Yesterday a turkey wandered through it, anyone have any ideas?

• Tammy@Deja Vue Designs

I don't know what this is...but I bought some year before last...and it's just about taken my garden over! I hate it...and I pull it out by the handfuls!

It's very hard to see the leaf, but it looks like it could be a type of artemesia, which would explain its rampant growth.

• Sonia gonzalez

ni idea!! ...jajaja

• Judy

Tammy, I think you might be confusing this with creeping buttercup because of the yellow flowers in the picture.

can anyone help with this plant i d, flowers, gardening, Creeping Buttercup
  • Mikell Paulson

If it is creeping butter cup kill it as it will send runners out on top as well as underground!

• Janice C

Thank you Douglas! You are right again. I did a search on google for artemisia and found my exact plant, it is invasive in my yard at least, so glad I moved it all yesterday.

• Judy

Douglas knows his stuff!

• Janice C

He sure does Judy, thanks everyone for your helpful comments. Have a happy and blessed day!

• Debbie McKinstry

There are plant and flower identifying Apps You can take a picture in the app and it will search for the plant and tell you all you want to know about the plant/ flower.