Patio Garden With Water Feature

This is the updated version of my water garden. I got a tip on Hometalk and added rocks to raise the rock that the water pours over and filter the water. I love it and so do the birds!

• Jill

I like it better with the plants in it! Were they water type plants or something else? I have been trying to figure out what type of water plants to put into mine. So far all I have found around here are water lilies (very expensive!). water hyacinth (cheap,but illegal if they are not disposed of properly), some type of horsetail reeds and one or two others that just look like melted algae. I have had the hyacinth before, they sure can multiply fast!, but they also overtake everything quickly.

• Gwen Gallagher

They were plants that I had rooted in water but they couldn't take the sun so I planted the and put them in the shade. I guess you could try rooting a plant in the sun and then placing it in there. I have not looked at water plants, I really don't have the room to grow them in the water garden. I like being able to see the water running over the rock and I couldn't see that with all the plants in there. Good luck with your garden!