Quick Oak Cabinet Fix With Tiny Budget!

Another Realtor Secret EXPOSED! Have an Oak Kitchen Cabinet that has Damaged Side Panels? Don't Despair! Beth & Susie, Northern Virginia/DC Area RE/MAX Gateway Realtors have a Quick Fix! Source "Wood" Shelf Liner (we used Contact Brand from Home Depot) Clean Surface of Cabinet Side and Apply Self- Sticking Liner as Directed and Trim to Fit: This Fix took 5 minutes and Less than $3.00 of Materials!!
Original Oak Cabinet with Unsightly Surface Damage -No Time Nor Budget to Replace... 'Contact' Shelf Liner to the Rescue! $3.00 Fix
Another Beth & Susie Realtor Quick Fix! Little Details Make a BIG Difference - Good Luck with YOUR Home Projects! Check Out BethandSusie.com for more REALTOR Quick Fixes!

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month

• Kathi
    Kathi

Can you paint over the contact paper?

• Peggy Miller
      Peggy Miller

Yes you can, I recommend a primer first. Gripper primer is perfect because it will allow the paint to adhere to the smooth plastic.
  • Renee Sapienza
    Renee Sapienza

So just paint primer then paint? And sèmie gloss paint.

• Michelle Wilson
    Michelle Wilson

I live in an apartment where the previous renter started a small kitchen fire and the rental company never replaced the damaged cabinets. This would be a great quick fix on an eyesore cabinet repair. Thank you.

• Jaynie
    Jaynie

I just bought a home and the previous owners put wood-grained contact paper on every door, shelf and drawer in the kitchen, absolutely RUINING original wood cabinets and features. Because of this, I had to the demo the kitchen and buy new cabinets and a counter top. Using contact paper is an awful idea and painting over it is even worse. Anyone can wield a paint brush and some paint to paint the cabinets without resorting to contact paper. Using contact paper is a great way to lose your rental deposit and a lazy way to upkeep your cabinets.

• NancyMaria
      NancyMaria

Some cabinets come that way. When we were choosing the styles for our new house (1988) I had a choice of different style wood doors but they never told me the face and side would be the contact paper like material. I would have put the extra money into real wood if I had know so I can understand a "quick fix" of using contact paper. It makes great sense.

You saw your new home before you bought it, dear and if there was REAL wood under the contact paper you could have saved them instead of scraping the whole kitchen, that was your choice of lazy of a different type!