Debi M
Debi M
  • Washington, NC

Flowers/landscaping

My 5 year old Carolina Jasmine is very prolific this year and smells heavenly. I planted a Fire Poker a couple of years ago, didn't think it would ever bloom, but this year it is showing off. Today, a perfect rose opened, reminding me of my dad, who planted this bush before he passed in 2003.
Carolina Jasmine
Carolina Jasmine
Fire Poker in my dessert Garden
Fire Poker in my dessert Garden
A perfect little rose...a gift from my dad
Debi M

• Debi M

I'm not sure of the name of this rose. Dad believed in keeping "the feet wet" on his roses and everyday he would toss a banana peel at the base of the rose bushes. Apparently the potassium in the banana peel is good for roses. As far as the jasmine, I wonder if your mom planted this in full sun?? Jasmine prefer morning sun and part shade. Today I learned a new name for my Fire Poker (Fire Weed, Fire Torch) thank you Douglas. I love sharing and learning

• Josephine Vella

i have a huge jasmine in our garden my husband planted it about 30 yrs ago and in full sun and i never water it and is very greenand in malta no rain for 2 sesons!!

• Annie Doherty

Beautiful flowers and wonderful memories of your father always.