Debi M
Debi M
  • Washington, NC

Flowers/landscaping

My 5 year old Carolina Jasmine is very prolific this year and smells heavenly. I planted a Fire Poker a couple of years ago, didn't think it would ever bloom, but this year it is showing off. Today, a perfect rose opened, reminding me of my dad, who planted this bush before he passed in 2003.
Carolina Jasmine
Fire Poker in my dessert Garden
A perfect little rose...a gift from my dad
Debi M

• Debi M

I'm not sure of the name of this rose. Dad believed in keeping "the feet wet" on his roses and everyday he would toss a banana peel at the base of the rose bushes. Apparently the potassium in the banana peel is good for roses. As far as the jasmine, I wonder if your mom planted this in full sun?? Jasmine prefer morning sun and part shade. Today I learned a new name for my Fire Poker (Fire Weed, Fire Torch) thank you Douglas. I love sharing and learning

• Josephine Vella

i have a huge jasmine in our garden my husband planted it about 30 yrs ago and in full sun and i never water it and is very greenand in malta no rain for 2 sesons!!

• Annie Doherty

Beautiful flowers and wonderful memories of your father always.