Rolling Plywood Plant Stand - Make This From Scraps!

$7

Today, I want to share a much needed but SIMPLE project – a DIY Plywood Plant Stand On Wheels. We have a few larger planter pots and need to be able to move them around a bit on the patio. Those suckers are heavy, so we needed a rollable plant stand. Last year, I made a tree stump rolling planter (which I still LOVE). This year though, I don't have any extra tree slices or stumps around. So, I did the next best thing and raided my wood scrap pile.
This project may not be quite as cute as the one from last year, but it's still functional and much nicer than those cheap plant stands you can buy at the hardware stores!
I gathered my supplies. I used a jigsaw, plate (for a template), clamps, sanding pad, drill, wheels, etc.
Using the jigsaw, cut two circles (to use as your base). You'll then attach them together using glue.
Sand, poly and add wheels and you have yourself a rolling plant stand.
*See more pictures and get the full step-by-step tutorial on my blog!
For very little money (just the wheels!) and very little time invested... you can move those large planters with ease.
If you like working with plywood and a jigsaw - you might like ourDIY Plywood House Numbers !

• Plywood  (jigsaw)
  • Clamps

Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Sue Sanders

Thinking the pot must have a drainage hole in the bottom I would have drilled out a hole in the center of the plant stand for the rain water to drain through to keep from damaging the stand. The stand looks strong and is a great idea for moving those heavy pots around. You can control the water when you are doing the watering but when it rains the plant stand needs to let water through.

• Gol22877556

Surely