This One's for the Birds

I got a new jigsaw to redo my garden bench. Now no wood will be safe.lol!
I decided to try make a bird table. See my little sketch.
this one s for the birds, animals, outdoor furniture, pets animals, woodworking projects
I gathered pieces of wood, pallets, saddle board and the little pieces I had left over from the bench.
Yay now to get cutting my wood.
I love the smell of wood. It has a really nice scent.
This was my first attempt. As you can probably see this was not such a good end result. Enter Mr. C. My hubby helped me take it apart and recut the pieces that weren't fitting properly.
( my hands are really painful, and my skin splits on my fingers. )
So with the good mans help we sorted it.
Almost there. We modified the plan a little. To make it sturdier, I put an x shape on the bottom. This way it can be moved out of the way when the grass needs to be mowed. Or when the footballing grandsons want to play.
All done. Just need to let the birds know their new restaurant is open.
Just a view of the other side.

• Any off cuts of wood lying around
  • Wood screws, which I had enough of.
  • Imagination, free. So this didn't cost me anything other than time.