Bird and Burlap Wreath

I have some coffee sacks and I really wanted to make a wreath. I had seen a little bird made from yarn, crumpled paper and small beads.
bird and burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths
I cut the coffee sacks in strips. I had a polystyrene wreath. So I hot glued the burlap around the wreath.
bird and burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths
I had some pine cones which I cut the tops off, painted them with acrylic paint put craft glue in spots and shook glitter on.
bird and burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths
I saw this little bird made from yarn on a site a few weeks ago. I can't remember which site it was on , but I'm sure any other crafty people have probably seen it.
It is really simple to make. I think if I had another pair of hands, well not just hands, I would prefer a person attached to the aforesaid hands.
Anyway it would be easier and better looking if someone was holding the yarn as you wrap it around.
bird and burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths
I had a wide brimmed sun hat, the brim was too wide so I cut some of it off.
I really like the material it is made from.
So I wrapped that around the wreath too. I glued the little bird. Then I got a small piece of wood and drilled two small holes in it for string.
bird and burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths
I have now hung it on my front door. I really like it.
Not many homes in Ireland have wreaths on the door unless it is Christmas time.
So far I've had one for Halloween, Christmas, Easter and now Summer.
One of the Christmas ones
One of the Christmas ones
Easter one.
Easter one.
Other Easter one.
Other Easter one.
bird and burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths
And now Summer.

• Burlap,wreath, yarn paper, beads and small piece of wood.