DIY Custom Sidelights Using Frosted Vinyl

I've been debating what to do with my sidelights since I moved into our house. Wanting to keep some degree of privacy while letting in light was my goal. Here's what I came up with using frosted vinyl and my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.
First, select a pattern. I found mine in the Silhouette store. (additional supplies listed on blog)
Cut and weed out vinyl from negative space. *Video on how to create cutting file on my blog*
Next, apply transfer tape to design. This allows you to keep design while exposing sticky side of vinyl.
Use painters tape to create a hinge and hang in place. Rub thoroughly to ensure vinyl will stick to transfer tape. Remove backing to expose sticky side.
Spray window with solution of water with drop of dish soap. Lay design into place. Starting from the inside out, rub firmly with pan scraper or credit card. This will remove air bubbles and extra water. Have towel handy to wipe water.
When all the water seems to be removed, let sit overnight to fully dry and adhere vinyl.
Peel off the transfer tape. Lastly, stand back and admire your new sidelights.

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Therese Given

• Helensiegel

How do I re finish the tops of old cherry and mahogany furniture over 100 years old...do I sand and paint or what. I tried the sticks but they don't work goog Please help as I have all mohogany furniture...

• Pinkystarfish

Try Briwax. It comes in different colors and can be used to mask imperfections in antique furniture without stripping it. I used it on an old radio cabinet and it lessened the appearance of scratches, etc. while bringing out the luster of the finish. Just clean the piece, then wax as directed.

• Sngela

I was wondering what paint color they used on the door? I love that shade of dark blue! Thank you!