Ethan@OPC
Ethan@OPC
  • Catonsville, MD

RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

$450

About a month ago I used a new product called Deck Restore on my The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
We covered all the horizontal surfaces on our deck, and it required 4, 4-gallon buckets.
You can back-brush the second coat for a smoother texture.
The deck almost looks like composite now. Rust-Oleum has lots of different colors to choose from, and we selected "Saddle".
Deck Restore is applied with a specialized, honeycomb roller.
You can see how old, splintered, and beat-up the old deck looked.
Ethan@OPC

• Mary

I want to restore my deck but not rebuild it, just fill in those gaps and cracks of and old deck wood to give it a better look, what would the cost be...

• Anne

We used this and it is peeling now

• Pgo4413344

Do not use this product. Ours is peeling off and they will do nothing about it. Our deck is an absolute mess. I know others with the same issue.

• Bobbi lyles

I have yet to find a good product for our deck. We have to redo every year to keep it looking good. Far too much work! We tried this product last year and we'll need to redo our deck again this year. Illinois weather is brutal on wooden decks.

• Maryjane Lind Rick

This stuff is NOOOOO good. Peels after 1 year

• Christina

Oh my gosh! I was just going to buy some for my huge double deck that needs help. It sounds like that's not the kind of help it needs! I'm glad I read the comments! Has anyone used it and had it last?

• Karin Youngblood

I am guessing that answer to your question Christina, is NO!

• Rose

My husband and I used this product last spring. We power washed our deck first, then rolled and hand brushed on this product. It didn't peel, but there is definitely spots that need a second coat this fall after thirteen months of New England weather.

• Cher

We followed instructions twice! Pressure washed, sanded, etc. Restore does not work!!! Bubbles & peels!

• Pnpelser

We followed the instructions to the tee and it started peeling soon after it was applied. Stay away from this product, not a good buy.

• Laura Rogers

Thanks for the heads up. We were looking at this product to re-do our deck. We won't be using it !

• Debra Hall

We also applied and followed instructions to the tee. Not sure same brand but has become a nightmare. We will probably have to replace and hopefully can use composite.
  • Mary

Where would I find Rustoleum Deck Restore and does it come in white...

• Don Yealy

Does come in a white color and it is at Home Depot or Lowes. Look at Deck-Over while you are there and compare prices.

• Magalys A Ortiz

Walmat has it too and it is less expensive. Love it in our deck.

• Marlene Clawson

Use this in 2013 on a south facing deck! Followed all the directions to a T and the product did not even last 10 weeks before it was peeling!! I hope you have better luck then I did and have heard from others that they had the same thing happen and they will not even stand behind their product!! Was of time and money!! Hated this product!! Take a photo at the 10 week mark and let me know!!

• Ane Brown

My deck did the same peeled off just like rubber. Company would not stand behind reason I must not have done it correct I hired professional to do mine. Guess he didn't do correct either. Waste of money don't buy

• Dee

Same here - we are now replacing the decking with composite - should have done it like that in teh first place

• Cher

We did our deck 2 years in a row. When it gets wet the restore bubbles & peels off. Rustoleum refunded the cost of the product twice but no labor. We need to take it off & stain the decks again but not this year we are living with the ugly peeling decks

• Deborah Zavada

this product has made my life a living hell,i also did it twice and peeling again.I have been spending summer by the pool peeling as much as i can.next I'm sanding it and using old fashion oil paint and primer.

• Ellen Carpenter

I have had the same bad experience. It lasted one season! I also used in our garage where it bubbled terribly and peeled nicely so we could track it into the house.

• Ann Gibson Parlier

How is the best way to get the Rustoleum restore off your deck. Mine is peeling in places and in others it will not come off. I would like to get if off and stain it until I can replace the entire deck. I wish I had not used the restore!!!

• Kmu1051871

We tried to get off all the parts that were not piling off. We tried sanding, chemicals and scraping nothing worked so we ended up replacing the deck. Good luck

• Connie Simpson

Mine last one season winter peeled it up in strips.
  • F-k7251993

I had the same exact problem with Behr. They refunded my money. I still have pieces of paint in my lawn!