Melissa Phillips
Melissa Phillips
  • Ladonia, TX
Asked on Jun 17, 2013

Does anyone now what this plant is?

Sandra ParrillRustyCynthia
+8

i have seen it before but i can't remember the name ?
q does anyone now what this plant is
  • Lillace Christianson

Looks an awful lot like poinsettia.

• Melissa Phillips

i don't think they are the leaves are different the a poinsettia. than you though!!

• Karen McLendon

My grandmother had one of those growing on her porch and she called it a Florida Poinsettia or a summer poinsettia...there is a funny story to this plant. When she passed away I wondered what happened to that plant which had grown on her front porch since I was little....and the next summer it came up all over my yard. I have put it in my flower beds and when I see it I remember her. It is not super invasive but tends to come up in unexpected places.

• Melissa Phillips

awesome Thank you it is a wild poinsettia great i found it at a house that was burned down in south Texas growing wild i assume ..Tha'ts kewl about your aunts flower!!

• Sharon

Ya'll are good!!! It is a variety of poinsettia!look up loycehoodphotos.com ...one pic has almost identical pose

That is definitely wild poinsettia, Poinsettia cyathophora. Some consider it a weed, but I like it and let it come up where it wants in my garden.

• Cathy W

Takes a warmer climate than the Pacific Northwest. I'm sorry about that too. Guess it's time to head for warmer climate!

• Emma

looks like poinsettia

• Cynthia

Was soo glad to see this post. This plant just showed up in my flower bed a few years ago. Liked it so much I just left it. Love the unusual look .

• Rusty

Wild poinsettia!!

• Sandra Parrill

Euphorbia heterophylla, also sometimes called fire on the mountain. Annual wild poinsettia. It will reseed vigorously.