Sweeten Your Tomatoes With Baking Soda.

Want to grow the sweetest tomatoes around? Use baking soda near your plants in the garden.
Just sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the soil around your tomato plants. (be careful not to get any on the plant itself and be also careful with young seedlings which are more tender.) The baking soda absorbs into the soil and lowers the acidity levels. This will give you tomatoes that are sweet rather
sweeten your tomatoes with baking soda, gardening
Carol Speake - The Gardening Cook

• Jane prey

Do you do this when you plant the tomato? How often do you do this -- daily, weekly?? Thanks!

• Dlg24186427

Do this when you plant. There is no need to do it again.
    • Royal Church

• I add Epson salt with water during the season for a natural inexpensive boost.

• Yvonne

Can I use soda and Epsom salts, or just one?
    • Dlg24186427

My dad put 1 tsp. of Epsom salt in the hole and mixed it in the dirt before planting his tomato plant. This will produce more tomatoes. You can also do the same thing with pepper plants. I do it every year and I always have tomatoes and peppers to give away.
    • Michael Silverman

is the 1 tsp of Epson salt no other time you use the salt any outer time

• Linda Anthony

often, when eating too many home grown tomatoes, the acid plays havic with my mouth. I then use a little sugar to cut the acid, but now I will use the baking soda and avoid the extra sugar!

• Dorothy Barbour Cook

I always use a little baking soda in my spaghetti sauce to cut the acid. I freeze my home made sauce using tomatoes from our garden & if I use can tomatoes for instant use I also add some. Not much just about a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon.