Debra Hendrix
Debra Hendrix
  • Viola, AR
Asked on Jun 17, 2013

Rose bush seems to be dying

NamawsDouglas HuntLuis
+1

I have a rose bush that has some brown spots on the leaves and the main trunk of it seems to be dead but it does have new growth on it but the rose bush just seems dead...I dont know what is wrong with it last year it was a beautiful bush...
  • Kimberly Barney

If you have brown spots along with leaves turning yellow, try pouring some diluted skim milk over them after you remove all affected leaves. It may take a few treatments. Affected leaves need to be removed from the rose bush and the area surrounding. The leaves cannot be put into a compost pile.

• Luis

There is also spray at yourlocal garden center to combat brown spot, I have tried it and work well, makesure that they are well fertilized that will help combat any diseases and asKimberly says all the affected leaves must be keep away from the plant and from yourcompost, put them in a plastic bag and out with your regular trash.

It definitely sounds like something fungal.

• Namaws

I also have 2 roses that are doing that, bought some fungicide yesterday and going to see if that works,